Grants and Scholarships
Grants and Scholarships
- 2022 I.O.W.A. STEM Teacher Award Timeline:
- Southeast Iowa Region STEM Announcements
- The Teaching and Learning Department of the College of Education offers a completely online STEM Education Masters degree. All courses in the program are 8 week, asynchronous online courses. The program has been built to be a flexible option for working professionals. While the primary audience is in-service K-12 teachers, being a licensed teacher is not a requirement for admission. Several current students are working in informal STEM education positions. Some of the coursework for the program involves students learning about and participating in STEM education and STEM outreach programs.
The Stony Brook MAT Program in Physics has been named by the Physics Teacher Education Coalition (PhysTEC) as one of the most outstanding physics teacher preparation programs in the United States. Requiring a BS in Physics or equivalent ensures that our students are well equipped to teach physics. We are one of the top producers of physics teacher graduates in the United States. In six of the past seven years, we have graduated five or more physics teachers which has been recognized by the American Physical Society and the American Association of Physics Teachers. This positions Stony Brook in approximately the top five universities in the country in the training and production of physics teachers. Physics teachers on Long Island and the surrounding region generally have highly favorable working conditions and competitive salaries. To apply please use the link above.
- Loras College DuSTEM Scholars Program
- American Association of Physics Teachers HS Photo Contest
- Physics Olympiad and the US Physics Team
- Fermilab Particle Physics High School Internships
- Perimeter Institute Theoretical Physics Summer Camp
- National Weather Service Internships
- Breakthrough Junior Challenge - present a 3 minute video explaining a scientific theory and win $250,000.
- Quad City Engineering and Science Council Scholarship - click on the students drop down menu and click on scholarships.
- Simpson College STEM Scholarship
- University of Iowa Physics Scholarship
- Drake University Physics Scholarship
- Future Physics Teachers Grant
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship
- Dordt University Noyce STEM Scholars Program
Check out University of Northern Iowa's Physics/Engineering 3+2 program - you get a physics degree from UNI in 3 years and an engineering degree from Iowa or Iowa State in 2 years. Two degrees in 5 years. Those degrees act as a multiplier in the number and variety of job prospects.
Iowa STEM Teacher Externship Program - Teacher Externships are full-time, six-week temporary summer positions in local businesses and agencies for secondary teachers of Mathematics, Science and/or Technology. Teachers earn a stipend of up to $5000 (including two paid professional development days), as well as three graduate credits through the University of Northern Iowa's Continuing Education Program. Learn more about Teacher Externships by reading the Brochure.