Grants and Scholarships
Grants and Scholarships
- Special Math Scale-Up Program Application Due October 1st, 2019 from these three programs:
- 2020 I.O.W.A. STEM Teacher Award Timeline:
- January/Early February 2020 - School Ceremonies for 2020 Recipients
- Mid-February 2020 - STEM Day at the Capitol and Formal 2020 Recipient Ceremony
- For more information about the I.O.W.A. STEM Teacher Award, visit: https://iowastem.gov/teacheraward
- To nominate your favorite STEM Educator today, visit: https://stemaward.smapply.io/
- Southeast Iowa Region STEM Announcements
- M.S. STEM Education (Online Degree)
- The Teaching and Learning Department of the College of Education offers a completely online STEM Education Masters degree. All courses in the program are 8 week, asynchronous online courses. The program has been built to be a flexible option for working professionals. While the primary audience is in-service K-12 teachers, being a licensed teacher is not a requirement for admission. Several current students are working in informal STEM education positions. Some of the coursework for the program involves students learning about and participating in STEM education and STEM outreach programs.
- Loras College DuSTEM Scholars Program
- Computer Science is Elementary
- Iowa STEM Teacher Externship
- American Association of Physics Teachers HS Photo Contest
- Physics Olympiad and the US Physics Team
- Fermilab Particle Physics High School Internships
- Perimeter Institute Theoretical Physics Summer Camp
- National Weather Service Internships
- Breakthrough Junior Challenge - present a 3 minute video explaining a scientific theory and win $250,000.
- Quad City Engineering and Science Council Scholarship - click on the students drop down menu and click on scholarships.
- Simpson College STEM Scholarship
- University of Iowa Physics Scholarship
- Drake University Physics Scholarship
- Future Physics Teachers Grant
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship
- Dordt University Noyce STEM Scholars Program
Check out University of Northern Iowa's Physics/Engineering 3+2 program - you get a physics degree from UNI in 3 years and an engineering degree from Iowa or Iowa State in 2 years. Two degrees in 5 years. Those degrees act as a multiplier in the number and variety of job prospects.
Iowa STEM Teacher Externship Program - Teacher Externships are full-time, six-week temporary summer positions in local businesses and agencies for secondary teachers of Mathematics, Science and/or Technology. Teachers earn a stipend of up to $5000 (including two paid professional development days), as well as three graduate credits through the University of Northern Iowa's Continuing Education Program. Learn more about Teacher Externships by reading the Extern Project-Based Learning, FAQ or Brochure.